Tuesday, May 13, 2008

How Does Forum Marketing Stack Up To Article Marketing?

In this article I would like to compare forum marketing with article marketing. Both are very good free ways to advertise your internet business. When you are starting out you are going to be limited for cash and these methods of free advertising are very important to get going. However, you need to be able to understand the key differences between the two methods to make the most out of them. Let us first examine the main method behind how forum marketing works. You need to find forums that are related to your niche market and post frequently to them. By including a signature if somebody likes your post they will click on your signature and click through to your website. Also do not spam as this will damage your credibility. Only make quality posts that will demonstrate that you are an expert.

In principal this does work. However, when I used this method of promotion I found that with some forums it was a real mission signing up. You first had to make a certain amount of posts before your forum signature with an external link was approved. On other sites I found that I had some difficulty adding my signature. You needed to use special code to get your url embedded in my signature. When I asked for help the administrator did not like my website and removed my signature.

I will never spam a website and I was judged before even doing anything. He basically did not like me having a squeeze page. I did succeed getting my signature approved on some high traffic forums. I frequently post to these and get reasonable amounts of traffic from them. It can be a pain to get going, but well worth the effort once you do.

On the other hand article marketing is much easier to get going. You basically only need to sign up with Ezine Articles as they are the leader. Write quality articles and submit them. However, the down side is that it is very time intensive. It will take a lot more time writing a good quality article compared to writing a good quality post. However, I personally feel that your articles will get you more exposure as they become viral.

Are you really interested in driving massive traffic to your website?

Are you really interested in driving massive traffic to your website?

Here's the answer:

Secrets Of Article Marketing - Download your free ebook now.

Mark Abrahams is a full time internet marketer who has helped others to earn a living online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home